Thursday, April 28, 2011

TV Class is going well



I'm loving class. We have a lot of short breaks during the day. Christina and I have almost watched half of last night's The Bachelor.

Sunday, we made a trip to Ikea...I've never been before! It's set up like a maze, so that you have to view the whole entire store before you exit. They also have a restaurant in the very beginning to lure you in with their exceptionally cheap prices. Best thing is... we now have tupperware!! No more ziplock lunches :)

Tonight Christina and I ate with our bus friends, Maria and Bea from Madrid. I attempted to make Mom's poppyseed chicken; however, I was unable to find poppyseed, cream of chicken, or Ritz in the Danish grocery stores. So, I improvised. It tasted ok. I burnt the rice a tad, and I think the cream of mushroom I used was actually a soup that contained some type of Caesar dressing flavor. I did ok with the buttered cracker topping and the actual chicken though. I guess you're never going to get it perfect the first try. But they all seemed to like it. I guess since I was the only one who knew what it was supposed to taste like, I was the only disappointed one.

We have received our 1st TV assignment due the 16th. I'll be sure to post our final copy here. It must be a profile of someone. We have 2 ideas right now, and we will decide tomorrow once we get all the information on both sources. One is to do it on a local Zumba instructor. Another is to do it on a chef participating in a cake decorating competition. Either one will have great visuals. So, I'm excited to get my hands dirty. I want to get better at shooting, so I need lots of practice. I've been watching Man vs. Food episodes to get ideas for camera angles and shots. I think I'm developing a real knack for the producing side of things. I the planning and research of assignments. Constructing the idea, angle, fascination, making calls, networking, and basically producing the story. That's probably my favorite part, which makes me feel good that I'm starting to see those key skills in myself. Don't get me wrong, I want to learn how to be a better videographer, and be more advanced in Final Cut Pro. However, I don't see myself becoming a photographer or editor in the future. It's good to be well-rounded and have that skill set anyways. You never know when you'll need them.


A side note to Tommy, or whoever taught me the wrong pronounciation of this word... Everyone keeps making fun of me anytime I say the word "naked." Apparently, I'm saying "nekid." Sounds the same to me, but oh well. They're just going to have to deal with a little southern drawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment