Monday, April 4, 2011

Oslo: World's most EXPENSIVE city

Oslo is beautiful, a real winter wonderland... but I feel so poor! I've been surviving off the free hotel breakfast, several cups of free coffee, and ramen noodles. I'm not even kidding. The breakfast includes an egg/tomato sandwich, apple, and OJ. Then, we have free coffee in the lobby. I save my apple for lunch, drink lots of coffee, and fix my pack of ramen noodles for supper. I can't wait to get back to Aarhus, where I can afford to eat. Let me just give an example. A meal at TGIF would cost 299KR. That's $57. Ok so that's touristy, but the cheapest thing we've been able to find is an indian buffet for 99KR. That's still $17. It is ridiculous. So, once I realized I'd have to just be hungry for the week, the city itself is really clean and pretty looking. The castle looks over the entire city, which is surprisingly small. Last night a group of us took a trip to the harbor. I felt like I was in Inception, watching the water move! It was frozen on top, but you could see it moving underneath. It reminded me of flubber!

Our story has gone really well. We've managed to make all of our interviews on time, and all without a cellphone! A sim card was going to cost 220KR and we felt it was a waste. Too bad we didn't think about that before we bought a 7day bus pass that we used maybe once. I think today we may just hop on and ride all day to get our money's worth out of it. All we have left to do today is write and record our stand ups. Then, I'll head home all by my lonesome to Aarhus, where my Mom will be waiting for me! I'm so excited to see her. We will be taking a trip to Milan, Italy this weekend. I promise to include much more pictures and more detailed posts when I return. Be expecting them sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment