Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reaching the halfway point


Thought I'd start this blog off with a little video that Maria posted on my Facebook. She says I'll be doing this when I get back in the states and have my first diet sundrop! Ha ha.

Tomorrow is the start of a busy next couple of weeks. We are going to Oslo for our news assignment, coming home, turning around and flying to Milan, Italy with Mom, coming back home again, producing our story, sending Mom back to the states, starting our fourth project, then running off to Barcelona, Spain! Wooo! March 27th, I'll be at the halfway point of my semester. It's bittersweet. I do miss home at times, especially when I'm waiting for the bus for 20 min. BUT the sun is finally starting to peak out, and this 40 degree weather feels like 70 to me :) Biking has been so nice this past week.

Today we took a ride just to go exploring and found a really nice shortcut to Bilka. While in Bilka, Christina and I bought hair dye on an impulse. Well, it was 2 for 103kr. (which is super cheap, about $9 each) Christina went black, and I am now a blonde again!! I've missed it so much too. Being a brunette for a few months was nice to try, but I'll always feel like a blonde. I think when Mom comes I'll go even lighter.

I've noticed that I make decisions on a whim over here. It's like there's no wrong decision, and if there is, it's ok. No one knows me. No one is grading me. No one even cares if you make the wrong choices, because most of them have already anyways. So, it's just no big deal to mess up. Kind of a relief, huh?! There's no pressure, and I love it. It is making my life a lot easier and carefree. I am much more relaxed over here. The tour guide we had in Berlin said she heard everyone in Denmark is on happy pills, but I think there's just something about their beliefs or culture that makes you content with just about everything. Or at least that is how it is for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment