Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last assignment done!

Traffic Conflicts for the Blind from Lauren Smith on Vimeo.



Well, I hope you enjoy this story. It was really interesting to follow Jørgen around. He is also the director for the Blind center in Aarhus. Maggie was such a sweet dog too. It was so hard not to play with her when we went downtown. You're not supposed to distract guide dogs when they are working.

It's crazy how much I realized that I take for granted... being able to see. Watching him feeling his way around and how tense he kept his fists and shoulders so tight was hard. I guess when you have been born blind or deaf or with any disability you have never known anything else... but I can't imagine losing my eye sight now. I can't imagine knowing what I could be seeing you know. It was just really interesting to me. Hopefully it will be to others too.

I'm so glad to be finished with this assignment. Now off to Greece, then the documentary final project will begin. We have 3 weeks to complete it. Sooo hopefully those weeks won't be too stressful.

I've really enjoyed biking lately... especially now that the sun is out from time to time. The wind kills my quads though! Seriously, it feels like you're swimming through molasses sometimes. Earlier this week my back fender flew off. I had to finish breaking it off and stick it in my front bike basket. I was so nervous that it was going to fly up and hit me in the face. Fortunately, I avoided that accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment