Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shrimp on the Barbie

Today was so nice. We officially turned in our assignments on DVDs and then, I biked with Wendy to Bilka from school. It was so nice out today, because the wind wasn't blowing me off my bike as usual. We took a scenic route this time through some Danish suburbs. It was really quite nice. Oh crap, I just realized I'm talking like Marije and Wendy lol. They always say things like... "quite nice" and "as well"... it's a little more proper, but I love being around these girls. While in Denmark, I've found that I really like the Dutch people. So I am very excited for my trip to the Netherlands next month to meet even more of these lovely people.
First, Wendy and I checked out some outlet stores around Bilka that we'd never been to. It was cheaper, yes... but not by too much. Then, back to Bilka to buy groceries for the week and some things to barbecue! Wendy's boyfriend, Pim, brought a barbecue grill for us to use last weekend when he visited. So we bought the food, now time to start the grill. Only none of us had actually done it by ourselves. There had always been men around. So we put the coals in, and lit some paper and squirted oil on it... yes I know how ridiculous or funny this may sound. But anyways, it wasn't burning well enough. Then, Marije saw a guy barbecuing on the other side of the field. So, I went over there to see how it was done. He kindly showed me step by step what to do, and I realized we were missing the fire starter stuff. He let me have two and I walked back across the field triumphantly.

Then, Wendy pulled out the shrimp she bought, because we wanted to make the prongs that Dave bought to a cultural dinner one night. I'm pretty sure we bought shrimp instead though, because they were too tiny to set on the grill and we didn't have anything to lay them on.



So we improvised the only way we knew how...

It was just too funny of an experience. Then, I got Marije to teach me some soccer moves. The first one she showed me, I tried and ... well, if she were a boy I would've done some serious damage with that ball!

It really is crazy how much the sun affects my mood over here in Denmark. I'll never take the sunshine and warmth for granted again! I think it's supposed to start raining pretty regularly here. I'm just hoping it does that while I'm in Greece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment