Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's good to be home

I'm very happy to be home in Tennessee. I couldn't stop smiling when I landed in Nashville. It's funny, everyone in the plane was pointing at the cicadas and talking about how annoying they are. I was excited to see them. It was like a reassurance that I really was back home in Tennessee. I was also so excited to feel that heat and humidity when I walked outside. I haven't felt that in so long. When I left Denmark it was just reaching the 60s.

It has been an adjustment, but so far a pleasant one. Going to a grocery store was very weird. Seeing all of the American brands and listening to all of the heavy southern accents around me that I never paid much attention to before... I didn't even speak because I was too busy being fascinated by everything around me.

My friends came down to visit me the first weekend and that was so nice! We did everything you can do in Tullahoma. We went to the drive-in, ate fried Oreos and saw Hangover 2 and Something Borrowed. Something Borrowed was pretty lame, but I loved the Hangover 2... I've never seen a sequel that was that good.

The next day we went on the Jack Daniels Distillery Tour. I felt like it was time since I live so close and all. It was very different compared to the Heineken and Scotch tours I went on abroad. I loved it! If you haven't been... go!

I have a feeling even though I'm loving being back home and in my normal groove again that I will start really missing my international friends and Europe by next week. I can't believe it's over now. It really hasn't hit me yet, but next week I will start my next adventure so to say. I'll be interning at a production company in Nashville this summer, and I am so excited.

I've really enjoyed sharing this blog. Hope you have enjoyed it too! This experience has meant the world to me. I am so thankful to have been given this opportunity. Although, I did work very hard to make it possible. This has been planned since I first heard about studying abroad at UT's freshmen orientation. I feel like it has definitely given me the travel bug. Maybe, it has also given me a new appreciation for traveling. I mean that I will probably want to take longer trips if I can... or at least venture to places off the beaten path. I love talking with the local people. Greece taught me a lot more about that.

Gosh, there are so many things I have learned and not only from school and in a journalistic since, but about life in general and being independent and on my own. If you have ever thought about studying abroad, I encourage you to find a way and do it! Just remember to start saving early!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to have you home - but I have to disagree about the cicadas.

    ReplyDelete