Wednesday, January 26, 2011

6 days.... not enough time!

Well, Amsterdam turned out to be a wonderful trip. But I feel like a blog entry wouldn't quite do Amsterdam justice. It's very hard to describe the feeling I had while I was there. But I will say that I felt very conservative in this city's atmosphere. Despite Robin being sick, we did everything and saw everything we wanted. We went to the Anne Frank house, The Heineken Brewery, a canal tour, the red light district, tried Dutch pancakes, checked out the coffee shops.... it was a jam packed weekend, but I think I'm learning to be very efficient with my weekend excursions.

We've been screening our documentaries the past couple days. While I'm a little disappointed by our grade a B+... our story ranked in the top 3 so that was nice. We were beat by swingers and saints ;) I'll explain in person.

Graduation is tomorrow, and Dad arrived right on time. I was a bit nervous he wouldn't make it past Iceland, but he did, and it was so nice to see him at the airport today. It's funny though I'm having trouble talking to Dad. I didn't realize how dumbed down my vocabulary has gotten. Dad used a word like "immensely" at one point, and I thought... wow I haven't heard such a word in such a long time! I'm having a lot of trouble finding my words... and also my voice. That's right, Robin passed on her sickness to me. Luckily, I had a stash of antibiotics, and I'm really hoping those kick in before Scotland.

It's weird I was so homesick at the beginning of May, and now, I'm beginning to freak out that it is all coming to an end so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment